Summer Teaching Internship 2024
We are delighted to announce that the Cardinal Vaughan Memorial School with its partner schools will be running a three-week internship programme over the summer term. Teaching experience is offered in Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Computing/Computer Science and Languages. The programme will start on 24/06/24 and end on 12/07/24. Participants will be receive a £300 a week bursary for the 3-week programme, a total of £900.
Opportunities will include:
- A greater understanding of the role of a teacher
- Observing and supporting lessons
- Preparing and teaching lesson components
- Providing support to individual pupils
- Running an enrichment club
- Supporting the wider life of the school including school trips
- Visiting other schools including a primary school
To take part you will require an A-Level in the subject you are interested teaching in (or A-Level Maths for the Computer Science Internship) and will be completing an undergraduate degree course in Languages, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or a STEM related subject. Preference will be given to penultimate year students but all undergraduates can apply.
For those interested in applying, please click complete the application form.